FUNKY PRODUCT INFORMATION
We want you to know all there is to know about our funky and colorful products…
Our product range consists of products for every room of the house and for every purpose… Many of our products are also intended for food and beverages. It is important to us to keep you informed about the way we deal with food safety.
In this section, you will find information on the different kinds of products in our product range, what they are made of and how to take good care of them. This way you know the story behind the products and are able to enjoy the Everyday Magic of RICE for a long time!
Happy information hunting…
FUN, FUNKY AND FUNCTIONAL ITEMS…
and how to take extra good care of them…
We looooove all of our products – and we would loooooove for them to last for as long as possible in your care…
When you buy one of our products, it will either have a label attached with use and care directions or there will be a stamp directly on the product with use and care symbols.
Below you will find a complete overview of all use and care symbols and what they mean:
– on everybody’s lips...
Food safety has become an important issue these days and important to take seriously.
At RICE, we spend a lot of resources working on food safety. Many of our products are intended for food and beverages, and we use a great deal of resources staying on top of the latest rules and regulations.
In this process, we work with external consultants and test agencies that work independently from our suppliers. We follow clear processes for testing and checking every product that might get in touch with food or anybody’s lips. All of our products intended for food and beverages are therefore tested food safe and meet the requirement of Danish and EU laws and regulations...
If you need more information on our food related products, you are always welcome to contact our head office.
There is so much fun and play waiting in our colorful kids tableware, storage, decoration and play items. We want to make you feel safe, when letting your child use our RICE kids items.
Many of our kids products are intended for food and beverages. We use a lot of resources staying on top of the latest rules and regulations. All of our products intended for food and beverages are tested food safe according to both Danish and EU standards.
All of our kids products meet EU standards.
The quality of our RICE melamine is the highest available and this is of great importance to us. Our melamine products are approved by DVFA and tested food safe. Bisphenol A and phthalates are not used in the production of our products, and therefore RICE products do not contain these materials.
Please note! Not all RICE cutlery is suited for small children - See the use and care symbols on the products.
Kids will have so much fun with our play items… Lots of colorful magic! No more dull moments in the kids room! Our play items address different ages, and you might consider when to introduce your kids to small objects.
There are only a few precautions you should take to get the most out of your kids products:
• Always check the label on the products for age specifications
• Wooden items are not dishwasher safe
• With regards to melamine products, see precautions in the melamine section
Whether you are into flower prints or pastel green bowls, we are sure that you will enjoy our enamel tableware.
There are only a few precautions you should take to get the most out of your enamel products:
• Enamel is not suitable for the microwave
• The surface of the enamel can crack and chip if not handled carefully
• Over time, enamel products will age and might obtain scratches and a matte finish - discard when this happens.
• Most enamel is not suitable for the dishwasher, so please always check the item specifications before putting into the dishwasher.
We use both stoneware and earthenware for our ceramic products.
A few of our items are made from earthenware. With earthenware it is possible to obtain nice bright colors, but the clay is more fragile than other types such as porcelain or stoneware and should be treated accordingly. Earthenware will chip when roughly handled.
Our oven dishes are made of stoneware. Stoneware is fired at very high temperatures, hardening the clay so it is suitable for oven use. Stoneware cannot obtain as bright colors as earthenware.
About all of our Ceramics
The main part of our RICE ceramic items is dishwasher-and freezer safe, but we always recommend to look at the instructions for the individual product.
Every item is glazed after the painting is done – on some items you will find small holes in the glazing. This cannot be avoided, and it presents no danger to the durability of the product.
Furthermore, over time small cracks on the ceramics surface might appear. This happens because clay is a “live” material that keeps acting up. Small cracks can therefore be expected when buying beautiful handmade ceramics – and we actually believe that it makes every piece unique…
There are only a few precautions you should take to get the most out of your ceramic products:
• Please don’t expose the stoneware oven dishes to more than 240 degrees Celsius
• Never put the stoneware oven dishes straight from the freezer and into the oven as the thermal shock might cause it to crack
• Earthenware products are not intended for the oven
Color and funkiness at your table… printed or solid-colored, flowers or dots… the designs are endless and made to bring you happiness for a loooong time!
We love the many possibilities melamine holds, and it truly embraces the cornerstone of our philosophy; Fun, Funky, and Functional.
The RICE melamine is of high quality – this is of great importance to us due to our great focus on reusability and reducing waste.
Our melamine is:
• Long lasting
• Approved by DVFA and tested food safe
• Free of bisphenol A and phthalates
The high quality ensures a long lifetime… the products are resistant and perfect for families, parties, picnics and so on...
Identify your RICE melamine products by the RICE hologram sticker making sure you get the Original RICE quality (*1)
There are only a few precautions you should take to get the most out of your melamine products:
• Melamine products are not suitable for the microwave
• Melamine can break if exposed to a hard shock or blow
• Please check for cracks and discard the product if any is found
• Over time, melamine products can age and obtain a matte finish. Please discard when this happens
• Melamine can be used in a standard dishwasher at 60-70 degrees
That our lovely tall cups (MELCU-L...) are best for great smoothies, fresh juices and funky water... They are only suitable for drinks up to max 70 degrees, so do not use it for boiling water. Please pay attention to this symbol (*2)
Our cake forks and regular tea spoons are not recommended for children under the age of 3. Please pay attention to this symbol (*3)
For babies and children under the age of 3, we recommend the cute RICE kids cutlery.
We have different types of plastic products in our collection: storage boxes, floor mats, various food boxes, party items, and more.
Plastic food containers
Food boxes, containers, food keepers and plastic boxes… it goes by many names! The RICE kitchen plastic range is a popular selection of cute, little, funky-shaped food keepers, food storage boxes, and bowls with practical lids.
All of our plastic products intended for food and beverages are tested food safe and meet the requirements of Danish and EU laws and regulations…
All plastic products intended for food and beverages are free from phthalates and BPA. This means that you can safely use all these products for your kids… and for everyone else!
Plastic and melamine
In our product range, we have both plastic and melamine products… Even though food-related plastic products and melamine products are not made from the same material, all of our products made from both plastic and melamine are food safe and free from BPA
There are only a few precautions you should take to get the most out of your plastic products:
• Most plastic products for food are suitable for the microwave – but be sure to check the product before putting it in the microwave… It isclearly stated on each product
• Over time plastic might fade and obtain a matte finish… if it starts to crack – be sure to discard the product
• Most lids for food storage boxes are not dishwasher safe – be sure to check the product before putting it in the dish washer
For our plastic mats, we use plastic made from 100% recycled plastic.
The porcelain range is perfect for everyday magic moments.
Porcelain combines the low porosity of glass with the ability of clay to retain its shape when fired at very high temperatures.
Porcelain is strong, tough, and non-porous. It is likely to last a long time, and you can wash it all in the dishwasher, heat it in the microwave or oven, and store leftovers in your freezer.
All items in the RICE porcelain range are glazed to achieve a glossy look.
There are only a few precautions you should take to get the most out of your porcelain products:
• Even though porcelain is strong, it will break if handled roughly
We also have a large selection of raffia storage products. One of our very first products was a raffia basket, and we are huge fans of this great, natural material.
Raffia fibers come from palm fronds – and all of our raffia comes from Madagascar. The Raffia products are all handmade, and our production supports more than 300 families on the Red Island. As an example it takes 4 people up to 38 hours to make a set of our popular storage houses…
Raffia varies in color from nature, and this variation is reflected in the coloring as well. This means two baskets are never quite alike – this is part of the product’s charm.
We dye the raffia with Basic Dye, which is free from AZO.
There are only a few precautions you should take to get the most out of your raffia products:
• The color of the raffia products might rub off if exposed to water
• If exposed to direct sunlight, the colors will fade over time
Our stainless steel is practical, useable and made of good quality. At RICE, we spend a lot of resources working on food safety.
Many of our products are intended for food and beverages, and we use a great deal of resources staying on top of the latest rules and regulations. You can always find more information about our materials under "Experience RICE".
There are only a few precautions you should take to get the most out of your stainless steel products:
Care and use regarding RICE stainless steel bottles:
• Before first use, wash all parts with warm soap water. Rinse thoroughly and allow time to dry.
• As soon as possible after each use, clean with warm soap water.
• The bottle should be cleaned periodically. Warm soap water and air-drying is recommended.
• It is recommended to rinse out the container every time before use.
• Soaking the container in water for longer periods of time is not recommended.
• Abrasive cleaners or scrubbers may dull the finish. Always hand wash the container using a soft sponge
• When the product contains hot beverages, adult supervision is recommended.
• To avoid injuries, always test the temperature of content, before leaving the container with a child
• A periodic check of the silicone ring on the product may avoid leakages and breakages of the container.
• Contents that spoil easily should not be contained in the container for longer periods of time.
• Carbonated beverages are not recommended for this product. They may cause content to leak or eject forcefully when opening the container.
We just love wood combined with colors – either as chopping boards, brushes for dishwashing or even as wooden spoons or salad forks!
We use different kinds of wood for our products, and all of them have to be washed by hand. This means that wooden RICE products are not dishwasher safe.
At RICE, we also love all that soft products… cozy blankets and fluffy cushions – doesn’t it sounds wonderful?
We have high demands to our products, and refuse to compromise with the quality of our textiles… whether it’s furniture’s or garments!
In our textile production, we have a high focus on recycling and reducing material waste – a sustainable approach, that we are very proud of!
We use different textiles and materials, and sometimes it’s hard to figure out how to care for the products.
There are only a few precautions you should take to get the most out of your textile products:
• Different textiles must be cleaned in different ways, and we always recommend following the cleaning instructions.
• Avoid direct sunlight on textile products.
Make your everyday easier and more fun with our silicone products in beautiful colors. We have different types of silicone products for every occasion – straws, bowls, lids, tableware etc…
All our silicone products intended for food and beverages are tested food safe and meet the requirements of Danish and EU laws and regulations. Our silicone products are suitable for the microwave and dish washer. Of course, our silicone baking moulds are also oven safe.
Silicone products for children:
The silicone material makes the products durable for children. The material is soft to hold and bite in, which makes it easier for the little ones to learn how to eat. Our silicone is of the highest quality, is reusable, and free of bisphenol A and phthalates - practical and functional - and at the same time exciting and festive for the little ones!
There are only a few precautions you should take to get the most out of your silicone products:
• Our funky silicone products for children are NOT suitable for the oven
• Strongly colored food can set off on the silicone